Introduction

 

Sorry for the late introduction! 
And thank you for visiting our blog!

For the next couple of weeks, we will post weekly and provide information on animal rights. 

Purpose of the blog: inform as much information as we can about animal rights

The reason why we chose this topic:
The love for animals has brought us to talk about animal rights. There are a variety of fields to animal rights; cosmetics, farming, zoos, aquarium, consumption of meat, laws, testing, etc. For example, Lush doesn't test on animals or use materials that contain animal derivatives. So, we hope that more companies would change their testing methods. And for the other fields, as we research this issue, we hope to gain more information and do what's best for the animals. 

Our background information:
Ui S: I know that one organization that's against testing animals is PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). As for the cosmetics, as I mentioned in the reason for choosing a topic, Lush is doing an amazing job of creating products that are 100 percent cruelty-free and never tested on animals. I think different cultures and beliefs can affect the consumption of meat. I don't love meat, but I know that only a small percentage of people in Japan are vegetarian, so I hope I gain some information on the culture behind eating meat. I am against pet shops in Japan because they breed and the animals that didn't find a family would either be euthanized or brought to an animal shelter. They even have teacup dogs which are animals that have been bred to be as small as humanly possible. They only weigh 5 pounds, and they have more health risks.

Ako K: I love animals since childhood and I support organizations that help animals in various ways. However, I also loved to eat meat. What's more, I have a part time job at a steakhouse. I want to gain a lot of information through making this blog, so that I can support animal rights in a way that I feel comfortable. Also, I would like to share the information and the results of our research to our classmates and people who are interested in supporting animal rights, if it is possible. For my first step, I would like to stop using cosmetics or skincare products that use animal-testing. I also want to stop wearing clothes made by fur. It may be a small step but It is pretty hard to find cruelty-free cosmetics and it was surprising.





コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Answers to research questions [Part 1]

Cosmetics Without Animals

Answers to research questions [Part 4]